EAGLE FESTIVAL 2019
Golden Eagle festival is an annual traditional festival in Bayan-Ölgii aimag (Western Mongolia). Eagle Hunters celebrate their heritage and compete to catch small animals such as foxes and hares with specially trained golden eagles...
DETAILED ABOUT EAGLE FESTIVAL:
- Opening ceremony
- Traditional parade
- All eagle hunters will show their decorated horses and hunting outfits. (This is 1st step of eagle competition)
- Calling eagle on arm. ( Eagle will be released from top of mountain, and trainer must meet up eagle from the bottom just among people down. This is second step of competition)
- Traditional concert at local theater
- Eagle hunters will be dragging death animal skins, but eagle must catch this skin pretending it is real fox or any live animal. ( This is 3rd competition)
- There will be other entertaining wild games such as Push Cashy (fighting for death goat body)
- Women chasing game "Kyz Kuar"
- Winner awording ceremony
Golden Eagle festival tour
For this tour recommended duration is from 4-7 days. Activities during that tour are 2 days of Eagle festival, staying with eagle hunter, ride horses with eagle hunter and see real golden eagle hunting, experience nomadic life and different culture. Before doing any step you need to contact us and receive booking instruction.
BOOK THIS TOUR:
If you want to book this tour with us please do contact us and we will give you the most accurate information so you can start booking correctly.